Camp Nahaco Park Commission
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 345, Eastford, CT 06242
Location: 305 Crystal Pond Road, Woodstock, CT 06281
DISC GOLF INITIATIVE: Thanks to generous sponsors and donors, the Commission is thrilled to announce the 18-hole Frisbee Disc Golf Course should be ready for use on July 1, 2017! The installation will involve minimal changes to the woods and trails and will allow citizens, as well as children attending the summer day camp, the opportunity to enjoy all the park has to offer while enjoying a round of Disc Golf. Please click here for more information.
COMMUNITY PAVILION: A beautiful open pavilion is now available for use in the field area! Feel free to enjoy your "lunch with a view" at the new picnic tables.
The mission of the Nahaco Park Commission is to maintain Nahaco Park and its facilities for public use. We are committed to protecting and preserving the natural beauty Nahaco Park affords, improving the facilities to meet the public’s needs and managing the day to day operations to allow financial stability, guaranteeing the public’s enjoyment for generations to come.
The Commission dedicates itself to the community by providing to them:
- Social Benefits Bringing families and communities together to enjoy recreational and leisure activities
- Environmental Benefits Protecting and preserving the natural ecosystems within the Park boundaries
- Educational Benefits Providing individuals, schools, and other learning-focused groups the chance to use the Park and facilities as a natural, outdoor learning environment
- Historical Benefits Allowing people the opportunity to appreciate the history of the Park and its evolution into a community resource
- Economic Benefits Developing and managing the Park as a financially self-supporting asset, and encouraging appropriate use so full financial independence may be achieved
USE OF NAHACO PARK BY PRIVATE WOODSTOCK AND EASTFORD GROUPS
Nahaco Park is available for groups to use the Dining Hall with and without the kitchen as well as use of the ball field.
Click below for:
The full Nahaco Park Commission meets monthly, usually on the first Wednesday of the month at 7:00 p.m. (Note: The Commission alternates meetings between the Eastford and Woodstock Town Halls. Weather permitting, meetings are held in the Camp Nahaco dining hall.) See the blue Calendar tab, above, for upcoming meetings. Agendas and minutes are available at the Town Hall and on this website. Meetings are open to the public. TO ACCESS MINUTES AND AGENDAS, CLICK HERE.
The Commission has members from both the Towns of Woodstock and Eastford. The Commission consists of 8 members and 2 alternates who are appointed for two year terms. Vacancies are filled by the Board of Selectmen for the unexpired portion of the term.
|Woodstock Members:||Eastford Members|
- Send regular mail to Woodstock Commission Members: Camp Nahaco Park Commission, 415 Route 169, Woodstock, CT 06281-3039
You can also call the Board of Selectmen's Office at 860-928-0208 x310 or email (click HERE) for information on how to contact the Camp Nahaco Park Commission directly.