Registrar of Voters/Election Administrators
Phone: (860) 928-6596 x339
Email: Click HERE to send an email
Function and Services
What We Do:
The Registrars of Voters are elected to a two-year term to fulfill the duties of Registrar of Voters that are prescribed in Connecticut General Statutes. There are two registrars, one from each major political party.
Contact us if you need help with:
The Registrars of Voters register voters from all political parties and are responsible to the State for maintaining current voter registration records.
They also conduct all referenda, primaries, and general elections held within Woodstock as required by Statute.
IMPORTANT VOTER REGISTRATION DEADLINES FOR THE NOVEMBER 7, 2017 MUNICIPAL ELECTION
- A special voter registration session will take place at Town Hall on Tuesday, October 31 from 9am - 8pm.
- Voter registration is also available online by going to the Secretary of State's website (see link below).
- Mail-in voter registrations will be processed as long as they are postmarked by October 31.
- The in-person registration deadline is October 31 at 8pm; the Registrars will be at Town Hall that evening after business hours.
- A special voter registration session is also held the day before the election (November 6) until 5pm for those persons who turned 18, moved into town, or became American citizens since October 31.
- Election Day registration will be available on November 7, 2017 by coming to the Town Hall.
- Polls will be open from 6am until 8pm on November 7, 2017.
- Absentee ballot applications can be obtained from the Town Clerk, Judy Walberg. The Town Clerk is responsible to process the absentee ballots.
- Questions can be directed to the Registrar's Office in the Town Hall at extension 339.
Helpful Links From the Registrar of Voter's Office:
Not sure if you are registered to vote, click the "VOTER LOOKUP TOOL".
Curbside Voting Available for Elderly and Handicapped Individuals: Park in the designated area and the Registrars will come out to your car and take your vote!
Who can work at the polls?
Answer: Any Woodstock resident 16 years of age or older. Pay is $12.00 an hour. Contact the registrar by email if interested.