The Woodstock EDC shall be committed to promoting a pro-business environment which encourages a sustainable and diverse tax base, fostering a strong local economy, while preserving the unique characteristics and quality of life in Woodstock.
- Advise the BOS on matters relating to business development and economic development
- Facilitate communication between businesses, town officials and regional organizations/events, organized to promote and support the business community and build community pride
- Provide an environment that retains and fosters expansion of current businesses
- Attract new business and industry
The full Economic Development Commission will be setting their regular meetings soon. Agendas and minutes are available at the Town Hall and on this website. Meetings are open to the public.
The Commission consists of 5 members, appointed for three year terms. Vacancies are filled by the First Selectman for the unexpired portion of the term.
- Sean Copeland
- Dorothy Durst
- Stephanie Anthony
- Victor Peabody
- Stuart Peaslee, Chairperson
- Send regular mail to: Economic Development Commission, Woodstock Town Hall, 415 Route 169, Woodstock, CT 06281-3039
- Email: click HERE
Click here for the Connecticut Economic Resource Center.
Click here for a free video tutorial on how to start a new business in Connecticut.
You can also call the Board of Selectmen's Office at (860) 928-0208 x310 or email (click HERE) for information on how to contact the Economic Development Commission directly.